Background

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, May 19, 2011

We're on to the Formal Application!

Well, our preliminary application has been approved!  We are on to the formal application.  Next comes the homestudy process.  I can't believe we're actually on the road to bringing her home!  I  just can't believe we're one step closer to our baby!

We're also working on the nursery, and it's no small task.  After peeling the purple wallpaper, I found tons of damage to the walls.  My nephew, Ryan, is now mudding the walls and making them as smooth as possible.  Once that's completed, I will move on to painting.  I haven't decided on a color.  I tried two samples, but they were far too pink.  I really want a cream with just a hint of pink, but its been hard to find. Then we're on to flooring as the hot pink carpet has GOT to GO!

So...the process is slow, and as such, so are the updates here.  I'd say no news is good news, but in this case, no news is just...no news.  At least we're making progress, and I'm so excited about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment