Background

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, March 7, 2011

Big Night at Our House!

Tonight, Tom and I have a teleconference with the Adoption Law Network!  We've gotten the package of information and now we've been set up with a representative.  This is really just a fact-finding mission at this point, but it will definitely help us to decide if we'll be using them when we move forward.

I'm a little hesitant about them at this point, so I'm looking for answers tonight.  When I made the initial contact with the company, I explained that we are going to want an open adoption.  The lady I spoke with didn't seem to have a problem with that.  Then I asked if they were able to concentrate their search for our mom-to-be within the East.  I asked that because I would like the woman who gives birth to our daughter to be a part of her life.  I don't want to just send a few updates and pictures every year, I want her to be involved with our child (for the child's sake...something I'll go into at another time.)

The lady didn't seemed to thrilled about that.  She mentioned that in order to "get a baby" in the quickest time frame possible, we would need to be open to the entire U.S. plus Puerto Rico and Hawaii. Ummmm...I'm not seeing the likelihood of the birthmom being able to attend my daughter's birthday parties and school recitals if she lives in PUERTO RICO.

I just think it's best for the birthmom, who can heal as she remains an active part of her baby's life, and our child, who will want to know her.  So we'll see how the conversation goes tonight.  Again, it was just the first woman I spoke to...the rep we speak to tonight may be much more amenable to our request.

We also have an informational meeting at Bethany this month.  So far I'm leaning towards them, and the costs are relatively similar.  (Both are hugely expensive!!)  I think I just like their attitude toward the whole process a little more.  I realize that it's a "business deal" to them, but it's a family to us; Tom and I, our baby, our families, the birthmom, and the birth family will share the gift of loving our child for the rest of our lives.

Love to All.

No comments:

Post a Comment